Things seem to be going swimmingly at first, but Judith and the other nobles experience some serious culture shock when the Vikings break out their pagan party hats and kick off the harvest with some good old-fashioned animal sacrifice. When Ragnar returns to Kattegat after the raid, he leaves his home for many years. His eyes were either sewn shut or skin grew over his eyes. Subreddit for the History Channel's television series "Vikings", And the Netflix spin off "Vikings: Valhalla", Press J to jump to the feed. Just as the advance guard is cresting the wall, the Frankians position massive cauldrons filled with boiling oil above the towers, dumping them on the screaming warriors as Floki looks on in horror. As to the crown part of the prophecy, this could be a more metaphorical reference than a literal one. He is now a Christian on Wessex so maybe he will marry someone important there. In the preview for the next episode (4x17: The Great Army), it looks like Judith goes to visit her father and you see her answer Aella surrounded by 3 Black haired women. It isn't long before he sets his sights on the legendary city of Paris a place he first learns about from Athelstan, who describes it as "impregnable." During the battle Ivar sided with his brothers and so did many of the English chieftains with their people, in loyalty to Ivar. With the limited options available to women in the Viking world, one can hardly blame those plucky few who used their feminine wiles to game the system. No, I do not believe Bjorns destiny is with Porunn, though he will always care about her. And, out of tragedy come resilience inthe form of two women who will be forever tied together by one great fallen Warrior, Torstein. Aslaug presents herself before Lagertha, declaring that she has fulfilled her destiny by bearing Ragnar's sons before Lagertha kills her ("In the Uncertain Hours Before the Morning"). If Gisela chose to enter into such a marriage or partnership with Rollo on her own, perhaps she was willing to give up her more Royal status and forge a life with Rollo instead. No matter how far I look." The Seer and ummm yes, previews have shown that Kalf and Erlandeur head to Paris with Ragnar. Later Bjrn and his brothers pillaged in England, Wales, France, and Italy, until they came to the town Luna in Italy. The fearsome jarl of Gtaland, Jarl Borg comes into conflict with Ragnar as part of his ongoing dispute with King Horik. Or rather, with the treaty and the land, he also gained Gisela. If you are thinking to find out more about her in actual history, you will have little luck. While Rollos historical conquest of Paris ended in defeat, he did end up making an alliance with King Charles. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. Erlandeur did not appear too excited or happy about Kalfs comments concerning the baby being the very image of his esteemed father, Jarl Borg, Ahhh look he is the image of the great jarl borg. Language: English Words: 31,795 Chapters: 26 /27 2 Kudos: 42 Bookmarks: 9 Hits: 1448 Blessed by the Gods by Milliadoc_Brandybuck Vikings (TV) Explicit That has to do with the events of King Horiks death and his sons return with new wife Torvi. Harald succeeded his father as king and married Gyrid of Sweden. Another thought on this situation that might explain why this Gisla or Gisela gets such little historical reference. After dispatching lle's forces, they torture and execute him with the blood eagle in retaliation for Ragnar's death ("Revenge"). Luring Borg with a false promise to unite against Wessex, Ragnar later imprisons him for his crimes against Kattegat and the threats to his family. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It consisted of cutting away the ribs from the spine and pulling the lungs backward through the cavities formed to form the shape of an eagle. That city which the Seer refers to in his prophecies, If you remember, the Seer gave prophecies of this city as well as a few other insights that we must consider at this time. The question now is, how will he choose to go on with his life. However, the prophecy may have already come true as the residents of Kattegat now believe their former Queen is a goner. The Seer, however, refuses, sticking to his rule of only telling the truth. There will be violence. But when she has a miscarriage, Ragnar wonders who will have his sons for him, and he decides to go to Uppsala, which is a place of pilgrimage for the Vikings. Torvi enters willingly into a relationship with Bjorn, knowing that itwill have dangerous and injuring consequences for her. Now that the "Vikings" journey is over, step into the longboat while we sort through the serpents and signs of every Seer prophecy. But before making the decision official, he goes to see the Seer (John Kavanagh) to learn about his chances of a successful raid. The proposed attack on Paris brings us to the Seers message of Not the living, but the dead shall conquer Paris. I think ultimately, Porunn and Bjorn are probably history even though she does bear him a child. She has a close relationship with him and acts as his counsel and advisor. I have mentioned previously that Bjorn might be a possibility as his name literally translates in Norse to Bear, and he does eventually become a King of Sweden in history. The message of Not the Living but the Dead shall conquer Paris far more difficult to sort out. By Stephanie Roehler. He then makes a deal with the emperor by promising to help fight his brother when they return. My reply to the other Magnus comment is extended to you. She has told Bjorn to leave her alone and he takes her at her word, saying she is a grown woman, if she needs my help, she will ask for it. Ivar the Boneless was a Viking chieftain who was said to be the son of the Danish king Ragnar Lothbrok. The agreement made, Ragnar is baptized and the treasure agreed upon is transferred to the Viking encampment ("The Dead"). Free delivery for many products! Ragnar visits with the Seer to discover the fate the gods have chosen for his sons. All this, and more, have I foreseen." Helga tells him she knows where his family is located. Thorn of Slumber. This is fulfilled when Rollo stays behind to oversee the winter camp outside Paris but instead takes Emperor Charles' deal to become Duke of Normandy and marry princess Gisla ("A Good Treason"). Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. After that, everyone thinks hes dying, but its all part of the plan. Torvi has some reason or meaning in showing up now with the sleazy little slime Erlandeur She does not look happy to once again be involved in these power schemes but has little choice in the matter right now. I pretty sure it's still Sigurd. Both the French and German monarchies considered their kingdoms to be descendants of Charlemagnes empire. While some researchers believe the Berserkers simply worked themselves up into a self-induced hysteria before fighting, others maintain that it was sorcery, the consumption of drugs or alcohol, or even mental illness, that accounted for their behaviour. portrait of Rollo by Lindamarieanson of Deviant Art. "But listen to the thunder. So, while he may have lost Paris, he gained Normandy and a princess for a wife! Gorm succeeded his father as king and married Thyra, the daughter of the Jutish chieftain Harald Klak. In an interview with TRNTO in 2014, Tells him "the gods desire you to have a great future. Ragnar Lothbrok knew that his sons were . Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. which is near where Ubbe would have landed. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Ragnar makes the prophecy told to him by the Seer come true at the first chance he gets. Ragnar eventually has the sons he cant get his mind off of. The puzzling question comes to mind of who the Bear is? Every Seer Prophecy In Vikings Explained looper.com - Kristi Roe-Owen More than a thousand years after the Viking era began, History's "Vikings" series brought the tale of Ragnar Lothbrok and his sons to life in Looper 18 hours ago Early Roles From The Mandalorian Cast That They Probably Want You To Forget About looper.com - Adam Levine And he is also warns that "the war is not over.". When Lagertha gets pregnant, she is sure its a boy because of the prophecy. His name goes down as a legend after the attack in Francia. A battle ensued and Eric and Agnar were overwhelmed by the Swedish forces, whereupon Agnar died and Eric was taken prisoner. He was the father of Gorm the Old, the king of Denmark. Listen to The Vikings III (Music from the TV Series) by Trevor Morris on Apple Music. Heassumes that Rollo will continue in on this path of following him and remaining in his shadow. My last lighter thoughts before we head to Paris Some new hair for our men! Ragnars not in it happinesshes in it for POWER #Vikings pic.twitter.com/9plsd7G2a0. While Ragnar always has been a powerful figure in history, mythology, and all of the above, what's possibly even . The way Vikings uses its tight-lipped protagonist makes all possiblethe dramatic effectiveness won't be determined until Hirst has Ragnar lay down his cards and rely on his final, bloody play,. He married Blaeja, the daughter of king lla of Northumbria and they had the children Harthacanute and Aslaug, who was named after her grandmother Aslaug. Inspired by a map, Bjrn commissions Floki to craft a new fleet of ships for an expedition to the Mediterranean. I guess the second one never panned out. She also tried to remind Porunn to think of Bjorn, Bjorn loves you. Our puzzle has been answered to the best of my knowledge and predictions. She dies in battle, with a grief-stricken Bjrn left to mourn their short but sizzling relationship. The coming events in Paris will test this relationship again. He described Njord as a god of the sea, with old and withered skin and large but smooth feet. I thought it could be Bjorn as well, but I remember the Seer saying something like "another will sail across a sea that has no tides" after the first line. He also confirms to Ragnar that Bjrn is alive. Gyda unfortunately dies when a plague hits Kattegat. Ahhhh finally, we put the previous tragedies and terrors of late behind us for now and head for the city of Paris. First of all, Ragnar has always been the favored one of the Gods. After a less-than-helpful intervention from Ragnar, she and Kalf eventually agree to share power as husband and wife with an ominous prenuptial agreement: Lagertha's promise to kill Kalf. Channel: Vikings - Watch Tv Online Free Daily Shows,Series,Episodes,Seasons,Movies His troops then enter the city, sacking it. Gisla is one of these women. that is between you and my ex-wife and I wish you good luck on that one! Perhaps he is warning Ragnar in his usual cryptic way that this attempt is futile and only filled with death for the Vikings. In 911 the Vikings under Rollo again launched an attack on Paris before laying siege to Chartres. The Seer said that the dead would conquer Paris, and he was right. Creator Michael Hirst Stars Katheryn Winnick Gustaf Skarsgrd Alexander Ludwig See production, box office & company info Watch on Prime Video S1-6, 502 included with Prime In retaliation for both, Ragnar orders Borg's execution by blood eagle, a horrific act mentioned explicitly in the Viking sagas ("Blood Eagle"). So tell me, what am I here for?" But because the Seer lives on both the spiritual and earthly planes, those insights can be difficult for mere mortals to comprehend something a bemused Lagertha is quick to point out when he renders four prophecies ("Mercenary"). After a particularly troubling argument with Aslaug, who accuses him of treating her poorly and prophesies their next son will be born with the image of a serpent in his eye, Ragnar decides to check in on his kids' futures. (Season 6 Episode 14; Tells him that he will accomplish what others before him failed to accomplish, but that the cost will be too high. I see that. After raiding down the Spanish coast and fighting their way through Gibraltar, Bjrn and Hastein pillaged the south of France, where his fleet over-wintered, before landing in Italy where they captured the coastal city of Pisa. Bjrn Ironside is said to have been the first ruler of the Muns dynasty. His appearance is deformed, and it is unclear if this is congenital, a result of disease, or even the result of violence. the Seer replies, "Do they every stop?" I have to say, Rollo- I am lovin that battle hair youve got and I cant wait to meet you in Paris! Vikings: Ragnar Consults the Seer (Season 2, Episode 2) | History HISTORY 11.4M subscribers Subscribe 1.5K Share 175K views 8 years ago #Vikings In this scene from the episode Invasion,. Although he never loses his reputation as a "byword for terror," Ivar's dethroning does turn out to be a good thing. It turns out that Aelle does have another daughter, as revealed in the latest episode. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies. Anyone remember the Seer's "one of them will marry the daughter of a king" line back in s2? Some botanists have claimed that berserker behaviour could have been caused by the ingestion of the plant known as bog myrtle, one of the main spices in Scandinavian alcoholic beverages. One of the most mysterious characters in Vikings is The Seer (John Kavanagh), who during his time in the series delivered various prophecies that, while mostly confusing, often came true, and. They sentenced him to die according to the custom of the Blood Eagle), an exceedingly painful death. Cnut married Emma of Normandy, who was previously married to Aethelred the unready of England. Even most of his fellow Vikings think hes dead at the time. He also campaigned against the Saxons to his east, Christianizing them upon penalty of death, at times leading to events such as the Massacre of Verden. Their faith and their determination were every bit as strong as the Vikings belief in Odin. After Jarl borgs demise, she disappeared and we knew not what had happened to her and her unborn child. The Seer (Vikings) Ivar (Vikings) Bjorn (Vikings) Dreamsharing Arya Gets The Last Say Gendry Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things Kattegat (Vikings) is West of Westeros possibility of more chapters no beta we die like men Arya has had some bad luck with the men who loved her. 2. Then after Aethelred died, she went so far as to willingly marry Cnut the Great. Before we go on with everything else that has happened, we should talk about that mysterious advice the Seer gave to Ragnar and Rollo about the future. From there, they easily take the city, thus fulfilling the Seer's prophecy. Torvi reacts to erlandeur No youre hurting me. I dont think theres any historical evidence to support this, but it's certainly possible. In addition, history has a tendency to view women through a modern feminist lens, which leaves pre-modern women subject to assumptions of vulnerability, subjugation, and passivity. In looking at the history of Paris, it has actually only been conquereda few timesin its long history. I only bring all of this up now because there is another such woman on the horizon A young woman who has inner courage, strength and fortitude to endure and know her worth as a woman, as a princess. When the brothers heard of their fathers death Sigurd is said to have cut himself to the bone with a knife he held in his hand and his brother Bjrn Ironside gripped his spear so tightly that the imprint of his fingers was left in the wood. Torvi has the inner strength, fortitude and grace of one who knows her worth and value despite her burdens. Flush with this victory and others around the Mediterranean (including in Sicily and North Africa) he returned to the Straits of Gibraltar only to find the Saracen navy from Al-Andalus waiting for him. We have the details. The legend says that their first attempt failed, but through the treachery of the oldest brother, the notoriously cruel and cunning Ivar the Boneless, Ella was duped into a battle he could not win. He married Blaeja, the daughter of king lla of Northumbria and they had the children Harthacanute and Aslaug, who was named after her grandmother Aslaug. With the badly injured Ragnar and Bjrn sidelined, their compatriots make a second run of it, this time attempting to take the city by bridge. These are not wishy washy half believers like many of the only recently converted Saxons. Hes extremely curious and intelligent, carving out his own path that stands the test of time. He became somewhat obsessed with this prophecy, which almost led to a tragic event when he tried to kill his son, Ivar the Boneless. The prophecy pertains to Bjrn, who meets and marries Princess Snfrid of Finnmark when she and her father travel to Kattegat to support Lagertha's attack on Ivar ("Full Moon"). The Seer's prophecies are almost impossible to understand before they come to pass. He who was living is now dead. The third prophecy the Seer shares with Lagertha foretells the Vikings' efforts to take Paris, with the city of marble referring to the le de la Cit walls. Even so, Ivar never lets go of his hatred for Lagertha, at one point even ritually sacrificing a Lagertha lookalike ("The Last Moment"). Eysteinn said that he first wanted to consult the Swedish chieftains. The meaning of the word originates with the Viking berserkers, the fierce warriors who were known for battling in an uncontrollable, trance-like fury, and were alleged to be able to perform seemingly impossible super-human feats of strength. The only one remaining would be our Bjorn, so who might he marry? In return, King Charles granted Rollo land between the Epte and the sea as well as parts of Brittany and according to Dudo of St. Quentin, the hand of the Kings daughter, Gisela, although this marriage and Gisela herself are unknown to Frankish sources. 4.06K subscribers Vikings - TV Series (2013-2020): Vikings transports us to the brutal and mysterious world of Ragnar Lothbrok, a Viking warrior and farmer who yearns to explore - and raid. He is frequently less than forthcoming about information that his visitors would have preferred to know about sooner. Furthermore, despite his apparent blindness, it often seems like he can in fact see. In 860, Bjrn led a large Viking raid into the Mediterranean. She rescued the city by bringing wheat to the hungry city from Brie and Champagne on a flotilla of eleven barges. First appearing in "Mercenary," Lagertha's easy-on-the-eyes second-in-command comes across as eager to serve in a world where wolves are lurking everywhere. Yet another theory is the consumption of hallucinating properties of such plants as certain types of mushrooms. ", Heavy is the head that wears the crown, and for Ragnar Lothbrok, that crown is always a little too heavy something Lagertha mentions upon hearing rumors of his death. In 486, he defeated the last Roman armies, and became the ruler of all of Gaul north of the Loire River. When she asks when will she die, he replies, ", Gives Lagertha a startlingly straightforward prophecy when she asks if she will be killed by a son of Ragnar by replying, "Yes.". While the Seer has always occupied a special place in Viking society and traditionally gotten away with speaking truth to power since he is considered a conduit to the gods, Ivar has little respect for his protected status. Many of the Saxons were only pious believers as long as it was to their benefit. During the Viking era, No Vikings ever conquered Paris. In order to understand this message better, we need to know more about the history and the futures in store for some of these men namely Rollo and Bjorn! Sailing the Mediterranean Marrying the daughter of a king, Snaegfrid, And ingrid, she was the daughter of Olaf I think. cause even though I agree with you partially on the whole Earldom situation with Lagertha, you went about it in all the wrong ways. "All things are dark. Although the combined armies stage a valiant effort, the tide of battle turns and they lose their advantage. As to the events in England, and the fate of Athelstan, I am so distressed over them that I will deal with them when the fallout hits us this week! Eric proclaimed that after such a defeat he wanted nothing but to choose the day of his own death. Episode 1: What Came Before Enter the Seer's chamber and embark a mysterious journey, as he transports you to Northumbria, where Ragnar Lothbrok met his doom in the viper's den, and his five. Once Bjorn matured and sat on the throne of Kattegat, he wasted little time asserting himself as an effective leader. They look on in horror at the sight of strangely-dressed heathens uttering foreign prayers to the beat of Viking drums as a bull is killed, its blood poured over Lagertha and into the earth. He believes that Rollo has accepted his fate and will remain ever loyal and faithful to him now. He expanded trade in the region, built up the kingdom's defenses, and never turned away from his people in their hour of need. But I also see that you yourself are the eagle." He searches for your death; consults the gods to whom he claims kinship." As the bodies literally stack up, the defeat is so devastating that a delusional Floki stands inside of a burning tower desperately trying to understand the gods' will. The Franks agree, unwittingly opening their gates for a Trojan horse in the Vikings' funeral procession. Eric asked to be impaled on spears that raised him above the dead and his wish was granted. Sadly, the marriage isn't meant to last. The remainder of his fleet managed to return to Scandinavia, however, where he lived out his life as a rich man. They are well known to be greatly cautious and careful with their battles so as not to risk the lives of their Warriors needlessly. Emma also brought the Normans to England with her Norman/Viking ancestry and the mistake that she made of leaving her son Edwardby Aethelred to be raised in exile in Normandy. Ragnar plainly said that he never had sex with Magnus' mother before he died. The Seer gives him good news, saying the gods desire him to have a great future, but that they can withdraw their goodwill at any time. you desired me what am I suppose to do with that. You will find books, movies and television programs related to all of that history And, you will also find "Spoiler" previews, reviews on various programs and books- Please take heed of this spoiler message! In the desperate battle that followed, Bjrn lost 40 ships, largely to a form of Greek fire launched from Saracen catapults. Saxon England, 1002. Bjorn surpassed him in that arena by a mile, becoming the king Kattegat deserved a generation earlier and earning his spot as someone future generations will recognize and revere, just as the Seer proclaimed. Sigurd Snake in the eye married the daughter of a King and in fact, his descendants went on to gain the throne of England for a short time! Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. you betrayed me and you planned a long time to do it. But small Ivar survived; with time, he grew into a mighty Viking who became famous and feared. My personal thought is that it has more to do with Bjorn right now, since the Seer made reference to Ragnar that it would not bode so well for him? Ragnar has the people of Paris baptize him as part of the deal for the Vikings to leave. Before leaving for Paris, Ragnar is told by the Seer that "not the living, but the dead will conquer Paris" ("The Usurper"). As the Seer lies agonizing at dark visions of the future, Ivar chastises, "These days are for rejoicing, Ancient One." I also bring it up to show that Bjorns destiny does lie in Paris with a woman who has the inner makings of a Princess or a Queen. The chieftains said no to the offer, and ordered an attack on the rebellious sons. He reassures Rollo that if he knew what the gods had in store for him, "he would dance naked with joy on the beach." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolingian_Empire, I do not want to get too lost or bogged down in the massive amount of history concerning this empire. Lets address the message of this all not boding well for Ragnar first because its really the easiest to figure out! He invaded the area of northern France now known as Normandy. The Seer appears to Freydis Eriksdotter while she undergoes the ceremony at the temple at Uppsala. He then went east across the Baltic Sea to pillage and to show his own skills. Although he's a formidable leader on the battlefield and skilled at making strategic decisions, Ragnar never really settles into everyday life as a monarch. When the supernatural is serious business, spiritual leaders, healers, and oracles hold an important place in society, and none are more revered in Kattegat than the Seer. Home Every Seer Prophecy In Vikings Explained Every Seer Prophecy In Vikings Explained More than a thousand years after the Viking era began, History's "Vikings" series brought the tale of Ragnar Lothbrok and his sons to life in looper.com - Kristi Roe-Owen 10h Read more on looper.com Prophecy entertainment news Entertainment (UK) England As Ragnar's eldest son and the eventual King of Kattegat, Bjrn is every bit as formidable as his father, and like his father, he loves little more than sailing to new frontiers. In the Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte (911) with King Charles, Rollo pledged feudal allegiance to the king, changed his name to the Frankish version, and converted to Christianity, probably with the baptismal name Robert. In the hit seriesVikings, Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel) becomes fixated on Paris after his best friend and a former Saxon monk, Athelstan (George Blagden), tells him about it. Just as Ragnar had hoped, Ivar and Bjrn unite the Viking armies. Rollo stays behind in the winter camp in Paris when Ragnar is too weak from his injuries to oppose it. Or maybe they'll ignore historical accuracy and give Ivar a wife related to Olaf or Ketill, but I don't see how it's possible given the fact that they've already gone all-in on the Bonerless theory. There is little information on her either other than that she might have been captured by Rollo during his attack on Bayeux. And while she would have understood the importance of a political marriage or alliance with regard to her family and her country, she would have been well educated in the politics of the time to know what was advantageous and what would bring her family and country nothing in return. In season 1, episode 9, he's on business for King Horik (Donal Logue) over some disputed land between Horik and Jarl Borg (Thorbjrn. (, Tells Ragnar that "not the living but the dead will conquer, Tells him that he "will die on the day that the blind man sees you." He took the Frankish throne from 768 and became King of Italy from 774. She was most likely raised to know the importance of her worth in society. So, in final answer to the puzzle of the Seers prophecy, Yes the Princess does crown the Bear and it is Rollo! Ragnar scoffs at this. She may have had more freedom to choose her own marriage because of this. Long before Ragnar gets divinely inspired to go raiding, he lives a fairly simple life with his small family of four, sharing his home with his shield-maiden Viking wife Lagertha and their two children, Gyda and Bjrn. Aslaug spoke of a womans harsh and difficult burden in life. It will be a battle not easily won, filled with death and in the end most likely no side will actually claim victory. Aslaug, calling herself Randalin, rode with cavalry across the land. I wouldn't be surprised if Harald has a daughter and he is eventually crowned a king (is this Harald supposed to be Harald Hardrade? The gods of Viking myth and legend were arguably the most war loving of all the pagan gods. He sets the terms, asking for payment and his own baptism, telling Odo, "I am dying. He's even kind enough to feed her dirt on the scheming Einar and his plans to restore the old family line to power. It's a vow she makes good on moments after their wedding, restoring herself once more to the earlship. Hirst also made an effort to have Ecbert say that he doubted Magnus' lineage after the fact, so I guess that was their way of telling the audience that was the end of it. Siggy saw something great within him but he needs to see it himself and stop doubting himself. [] No one will ever forget the name of Bjrn Ironside, greater than Ragnar. Charlemagne died in 814, having ruled as emperor for just over thirteen years. Ragnar believes in the Norse gods, and he takes what he thinks are signs from them whenever possible. Although the Seer can't offer Lagertha much hope in the way of future children, he can offer her a few insights into the road ahead. Ragnar asks the Seer what the gods have in store for him. In 451 AD, the city was threatened by the army of Attila the Hun, which had pillaged Treves, Metz and Reims The Parisians were planning to abandon the city, but they were persuaded to resist by Saint Genevieve (422-502). The prophecy of the Princess crowning the Bear is much clearer now. Now, though she also has a son and heir to be concerned for. What he did supposedly gain with his marriage to Gisela was land. His destiny may lie with Torvi, who has herself suffered the bitter and difficult burdens of a womans life. After killing her second husband and assuming his earldom, she asks the Seer, "Will I ever bear another child, oh wise one?" #NationalWineDay is Aslaug's favorite day. Unresolved: Release in which this issue/RFE will be addressed. Make what use of it you can. That's what I was thinking. Obviously, Erlandeur married Torvi to gain acess and claim Jarl Borgs land and title, and once he has it, I fear this child and even Torvi could fall victim to some accidental death? In many episodes he also admits that he has lived hundreds of years. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Stab in the dark, but "seas that have no waves" might be a reference to the great lakes in canada, which are connected to the ocean via the saint lawrence river. If we look back at Rollos fighting behaviors, there are certainly time when he could be described as Berserker. He lives alone.