You get love, you get love, everyone gets love! We focus on anything that's good for you, good for others, and good for our planet. Historically, Valentines Day was started to celebrate love, fertility, and new beginnings. Some meditation scripts can bring about certain sensations in the body. S Can we fake it till we make it? Read: Yoga for Self-Love: Tapping into Your Heart Chakra. You can sit in a chair with your feet on the floor, you can sit loosely cross-legged, you can kneelall are fine. I have love in my life lots of awesome friends and colleagues, caring and generous family members and my furry granddogs. A genuine smile glows from our deepest layer of self-love, radiating like sunlight through clouds and embracing everything as an extension of oneself. Here are some ideas to get you started: If you have a password, you can head over to the MINDFULNESS LIBRARY when you're done here to grab your Kindness Meditation script and discussion questions. Your email address will not be published. Love is within each of us. From Tapestry of Faith Curricula Activities Stories Unitarian Universalist Perspectives UU World Articles on Valentine's Day It's ok. You might not think they are getting anything out of it, but trust me, you will be amazed with the things they have to share after. Begin with yourself, because this is the foundation. Some will induce total body relaxation. She is pursuing her pas, Mudita Lionheart is a humanity first woman who likes to write, teach, dance, cavort in the forests with f, Karuna Schwartz is the founder and north star gazer of the nonprofit online meditation s. This program was made to help you effortlessly enjoy all the benefits that come with being confident and positive. We're dedicated to sharing "the mindful life" beyond the core or choir, to all those who don't yet know they give a care. Happy Valentines Day to all. The ancient Greeks had six distinct words that describe different types of love: phila, ros, agpe, storg, pragma, and philautia. Ships from United States. Bow to your heart and tell it youll be with it again soon. Consciously let go and allow yourself to feel deeply relaxed. There are apps, books, podcasts, videos, and how-tos. And I gave thanks to myself, my body, my mind, my soul and I kissed myself on the forehead, the way I would tenderly kiss my child. Unify Cosmos is dedicated to seed the positive aspects in everyone life and we do this through promotion of spiritual initiatives. It empowers individuals through a calming process and has been used as both an educational and wellness resource. Allow it to raise your mindfulness in the situation and to evoke self-compassion when you need it the most. Above all, remember that there is no need to judge yourself for having these feelings. Join & get 2 free reads. This moment has never happened in the past, and will never happen in future. Contribute to jlord/Valentine-s-Day development by creating an account on GitHub. D If you're just beginning, it can help to choose a short time, such as five or 10 minutes. Your email address will not be published. How can we cultivate a daily relaxation practice? For each person, we consider the qualities we admire in them, and then we send them loving energy. A readers theatre script for Valentine's Day. The day that most people pretend to hate because they either don't feel loved, or don't want to show love, but mostly because they always wish the love they had was more intense, more real. Tangles should be composed of very simple elemental strokes. Sixth Principle Resources for St. Valentine's Day includes a few suggestions for honoring our Sixth Principle: We covenant to affirm and promote the goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all. It could feel light or perhaps heavy. By transforming destructive emotions into positive energy the inner smile removes the cause and symptoms of disharmony., The inner smile arises from a loving intention, surfaces on the face then suffuses our internal and external reality. P.O. Use the questions that follow the script if you need some inspiration for discussion and sharing. Make kindness and compassion a daily habit through meditation and connection. Getting centered in our hearts also releases tension that so often comes from a busy mind. If smiling feels so good why dont we do it more? This scripture is often read at wedding ceremonies, and is a good one to quote in a Valentine's card. L The truth of our being, the truth of our loving self. Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. Eventually our being is saturated in smiling benevolence and it becomes a constant, effortless expression of our inner bliss. How can you improve Self Love Meditation? When we fill ourselves up with our own love, we are better able to send love out to others. Now place your attention on the anahata (heart chakra), or heart center. Sometimes you'll find your kids completely engaged all the way to the end and other times, well, not so much. Its a five-stage meditation, whereby webring different people to mind. You may also try the Ceremony of Zentangle, putting pen to paper, like I intend to do this year. >>. Why do we journal our thoughts that arise during meditation? For those who are grieving the passing of their life partner. Thank it for its loving wisdom and guidance. Did you know that I love you and I appreciate you? As you say these phrases, again sink into their intention or heartfelt meaning. Director Garry Marshall Writers Katherine Fugate (screenplay) Abby Kohn (story) Marc Silverstein (story) Stars Julia Roberts Jamie Foxx Anne Hathaway See production, box office & company info Watch on Prime Video So, on Valentine's Day, if we want love, we have to raise our sights to him. By practicing a heart-centered visualization meditation practice on a regular basis, you can be a pioneer of this heart-centered awareness. The philosophy, tools, and ritual of Zentangle started about 15 years ago by two people who put their talents together artistic elements from Maria Thomas and meditative process from Rick Roberts. I write real and fictitious stories about life, issues, love, loss, g, Michelle Schafer is a woman and mother of two incredible humans. Make sure your spine is long, your neck is long and your shoulders are relaxed downward. Follow her at @emmacsloan, Cindy Galen B. is a mother, wife, and an intuitive cou, Sharon DeNofa is an award-winning author of Happily Ever NOT receiving the Gold for the, Anna Palmer comes from a personal background of mental health, and learned at a young ag, Roopa Swaminathan. This is a gift that keeps on giving , Thank you and so glad that you enjoyed this Valentine blog- the inner smile and those moments of self-love in the mirror are so essential to living a life in the light. They can also include reciting mantras, expressing aspirations aloud, or chanting. Feel a warm, comforting, kind light building in your hands and spreading to your heart. While you say these phrases, allow yourself to sink into the intentions they express. And use this mantra to send them all loving-kindness: Remember why you loved them, and focus on that, rather than the reasons your relationship fell apart. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. And you cannot live your most fulfilling life without opening your heart to connection with yourself and others. 2) Set a time limit. Acknowledge it and keep things going but this is not a race this is not a challenge this is the time of your life to reconnect with your true higher self this is your time to spread your little wings and soar higher than before stronger than before better than before. We're protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Metta is first practiced toward oneself, since we often have difficulty loving others without first loving ourselves. It is our choice, this day, to fully accept our love for ourselves and our sacred divinity. by Julie Peters. With each breath, allow any tension that your body is holding on to be released. When we fill ourselves up with our own love, we are better able to send love out to others. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Affiliate Disclosure | Contact Us | About Us, Free Guided Grounding Meditation Script [PDF File Included], Free Guided Metta Meditation Script [PDF File Included], Free Guided Visualization Meditation Script [PDF File Included], Free Guided Loving Kindness Meditation Script [PDF File Included], Download Free Self Love Meditation Script PDF. This is the day and the time to let your walls down and feel free to show up with no defenses, vulnerable, widely open with an open heart. Practising mindfulness meditation will help you live better, with less stress and in a healthier manner and will improve your focus and productivity in your overall life. How Creative Expression Promotes Self-Love, Art as Meditation: How Painting Landscapes Can Promote Healing. I need a sample letter for my oath ceremony. Reducing negative emotions. Featuring a poem from me to you Camille Prairie Feb 14 1 2 Happy Love Day, Adult-ers! This guided meditation helps you to remove any obstacles that are blocking your path to unconditional love. Valentines Day can mean exactly what we want it to mean. We are in love with our naked selves, with all our faults and not-enoughs, our too thiss or thats. We are perfect the way we are THIS VERY MOMENT! We can also receive love in a more natural and profound way one with less fear and anxiety. The Chopra Renew & Restore Detox Kit is a gentle and effective 7-Day cleanse rooted in the wisdom of Ayurveda and backed by science. Refresh the page, check Medium 's site status,. Memories of good times with old lovers can be stirred up, bringing painful emotions with them. Tangles should be composed of very simple elemental strokes. (Check this out for more mindful Valentine's Day fun.) For additional support, feel free to sit against a wall or in a chair. One must love oneself before one can truly love another. Continue to breathe and sit with this new awareness. Valentines Day can mean exactly what we want it to mean. Mindful meditation can improve different aspects of your life. Click here to view full text or download a PDF format. How does restorative yoga promote relaxation? We capture the sweet scent of truth as it whiffs gently under our noses, wafting up from our hearts. How are you today? When we allow ourselves to fully feel our emotions, they disperse. A church in Minneapolis organized an event to create broken heart valentines to deliver to state legislators on February 14th. Draw a string, defined as a random line within as if a string was dropped within the border. You can be one of the yogis leading the way in the transformation of mankind. We stand open-eyed, open-armed, open-hearted, and open-willed to accept itfor ourselves, from ourselves, with ourselves. You can use whatever seated relaxing position as long as it makes you feel comfortable and it's completely pain-free. To help release these trapped emotions, try practicing metta,the Buddhist loving-kindness meditation. Enjoy a renewed sense of health with this 7-day Ayurvedic cleanse. A church in Minneapolis organized an event to create broken heart valentines to deliver to state legislators on February 14th as a reminder of the cost of gun violence. Wishing my beautiful girlfriend a happy Valentine's Day. This is a meditation to help us increase our own self-love, as well as to send love to othersand not just those we most care about. No cards, flowers or candy necessary. Give this healing to yourself. A moving meditation is the perfect meditation choice for those days when the energy level is a bit high in the classroom. Self Love Meditation Script Find yourself in a comfortable seated position. Over the years of researching various meditation programs, Ive found out that some of them work better than the others. She is also the creator of another groundbreaking DVD series, the recently released Hot Body Cool Mind: The Life Force Power System! Take your time to find your space. Sit up nice and tall, keep your shoulders relaxed, close your eyes and breathe. My favorite place in the world is next to you. I love using daily mantras and rituals to feel grounded and peaceful. It is the latter, philautia, love of oneself that is paramount. When we suppress them, we hold onto them in our physical bodiesand they will be triggered to arise again and again, until we finally allow them to fully emerge. You can use whatever seated relaxing position as long as it makes you feel comfortable and its completely pain-free. Valentine's Day Readers theatre script by Jody Weissler.This readers theatre script requires no prep and is a great way to learn about Valentine's Day.Created by Jody Weissler for the Teachtopia Network. How to make yours fierce and toned >>, Elephant Academy is back. Capricorn (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19) Get ready for a wild Valentine's Day, Cap. Blog Entries; Feb 13 3 Surprising Agreements Pastors Must Make by Jared C. Wilson. with you, exhaling, try to open the door with all your energy, your power your new confidence, and love. This is a collection of interactive hearts and flowers. And finally, to close this Love Thyself entry today, I leave you with a sweet and innocent, very childlike poem that I found today on the internet, that says it all: Today I Have Decided to Fall in Love with Me, Thank you so much for sharing. If you arent experienced with meditation, I suggest, that you keep sessions brief, so you can maintain the focus. The thoughts in our minds are constantly changing, whereas the heart's knowing is more rooted in a deeper kind of intelligence - a more intuitive one. Close your eyes and begin to place your attention on your. Download 171 Valentine Fonts for Windows and Mac. Enjoy this moment as a complete moment of freedom. Thus we create THE BEST Valentines Day EVER! G You may also try the Ceremony of Zentangle, putting pen to paper, like I intend to do this year. Y Editor: Yoli Ramazzina What if each attendee was given basic instructions just prior to the ceremony while they were waiting and then given the tools to tangle a single tile during a ceremony? {March 7}. The beauty of Zentangle within the contemplative process and environment allows spirit to move in surprising ways. What is the reason that you forget to love yourself your confidence try to forget about it try to reset what you think, you know, and start again from scratch. Valentines Day quotes. God is love. I love, but I'm not Love. For a few minutes, feel or imagine the breath moving through the center of your chest in the area of your heart. world's most comprehensive guided meditation website where you can learn how to meditate for free, enjoy meditation music, and experience the bliss of guided meditations. The movement gives a wiggly body something to do and a distracted mind something to focus on. Our trusty pelvic floor is known to be the energetic center of pleasure, sexuality, and joy. In honor of Valentine's Day, I will be leading a 20-minute guided meditation for self-love followed by a Q&A!On Valentine's Day, we can often get wrapped up . Whether we believe it, or not, it IS true. I want to introduce you the pleasant html5 examples for women, especially on Valentine's Day. Others can train your mind to stay still. Maybe today's the day you need to do it. Focus on one particular thought: think about the one thing you love about yourself. Learn More. Diane M. Cooper, Mailing Address: If youd like, ask your heart a question or two and see what comes up. How have you been? 7 Ways to Celebrate Universal Love this Valentines Day. There are different descriptions of the practice. Ryan Althaus, From Emaciated to Emancipated, Podcast: Steven Washington, Recovering You, Podcast: Clark Strand, Waking Up to the Dark, Knowing the Goddess Kushmanda: The Art of Self-Love. Take well-being with you wherever you go with the Chopra app. Increasing patience and tolerance. Having been single for more than a dozen years, I have pretty much ignored the modern worlds connotation and celebration of love on February 14. Master meditation and learn how to give others their own personalized mantra. In honor of Valentine's Day, I say you do it And this is how the conversation should go: "Hello there, stranger. The following 8 steps have been used by those who practice Zentangle, taught by the founders. I did spend vast amounts of money on these programs, so you dont need to. However, if feelings of warmth, friendliness, or love arise in the body or mind, connect to them, allowing them to grow as you repeat the phrases. Google the basic patterns in advance. It might feel open and free of stress. E We check ourselves into a nice hotel downtown, the Spokane Club, which began its life in 1890 as a historic "gentlemen's club." And, you can easily add it to a tree theme, seed theme, or flower theme in the springtime. This meditation is designed to give you a unique Valentine's day experience, independently if you are in a committed relationship or not. Right this minute? The Cellular Smile Soften your eyes and allow your mind to relax. Right here, right now? It is freely given. Ensure uninterrupted time for yourself (silence your cell phone) and choose a beverage for sipping. There are movements in communities to broaden our understanding and give depth of meaning to the day of love. The artful meditation quiets our minds, promotes spirituality and holds hidden lessons for us. V Twitter. Subscribe and get the stories about the greater change that comes from yoga. It is Our Day, Oneness Day, really. In honor of Valentines Day, I say you do it And this is how the conversation should go: Hello there, stranger. Love is in the air with these romantic fonts. Love Thyself: A Valentines Day Meditation. Sample script for hosting 7th birthday party? Copyright 2023 Waylon H. Lewis Enterprises. A short meditation practice can help you calm your nerves before a big meeting or event. "You're never one to rage against the rules, but today you're feeling like shaking things up," Stardust says. He explained its significance to me on my recent visit to his Thailand retreat, In ancient China, the Taoists taught that a constant inner smile to oneself, insured health, happiness and longevity. The Smile Solution Takeaway: So, that means four minutes for a group of four year olds. You can try guided meditations, silent []. For Valentines Day, I suggest adopting this meditation to send love to all those people we have loved, both romantically and platonically, including those who are no longer in our lives. Create a comfortable Zen space for yourself, perhaps with low-level background music and set your air diffuser with your favourite scent. Get it here: Self Love Meditation Script PDF. Begin to feel the belly rise and fall. This. Recognize that stress, struggle, and experiences of suffering are part of life that link you in your humanity but don't have to overwhelm you. I, As a Mother, Caused my Childrens Anxiety Disorders. For self love meditation script I suggest that you enhance your experience with a unique brainwave sound called Confidence Shot. Z, Copyright 2023 Yogapedia Inc. - Love is within each of us. Have your children begin on their knees with their bottoms resting on their feet. We push our bodies, minds and hearts to work more each day, without stopping to say thanks. The script I am sharing here is for growing kindness and it will fit perfectly into your Valentine's or friendship theme. Comments Have your say about what you just read! Emotions often reside in the heart center and our emotions lead us through our lives in a truly profound way. Through this practice, you will open yourself up to give and receive love as well as to rejuvenate and fill yourself with gratitude . What we want to do is create a sacred space for our heart-centered meditation practice. THIS is it! This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Play for free. Let me know how your kids liked the addition of movement to the meditation. Perhaps this Valentine's Day we can think of not only the ones that love us here, but also of the Father in heaven that has a very big heart for us. Come now, . Just days left to take the leap and find your voice, in mutually-supportive community. We see them now plainly, vibrant, glistening and sparkling with angelic pixie dustan innate gift of the stars. It is the latter, philautia, love of oneself that is paramount. Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating. Believe that each of us is responsible for making ourselves feel both loved and supported. Learn more. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Dancer, choreographer, yoga devotee, author and Pilates Master Teacher, Jennifer is an unparalleled innovator in alternative health and fitness. I highly recommend it, this loving of yourself, this smiling to yourself in the mirror, and I have vowed to myself, that even on my darkest days, I will perform this most sacred ritual of not just checking in with myself, but loving myself and giving myself a smile, which serves as a perfect segue to the Inner Smile, perhaps one of the most powerful ways to love thyself, not just on Valentines Day, but every day. Every time you read, share, comment or heart you help an article improve its Ratingwhich helps Readers see important issues & writers win $$$ from Elephant. A post shared by Waylon Lewis & Friends (@walkthetalkshow). If you want more, grab a subscription for unlimited reads for $10/year (normally, it's 48/year, and the discount ends soon). If so, let the breath move through your heart center, beckoning it to feel safe, secure and deeply relaxed. The creation of a Zentangle is celebratory, has no orientation, is portable and timeless. One of the reasons this is so important is that, whether we realize it or not, we actually experience life not just through the lens of our minds, but also through the lens of our feelings. Today's guided meditation will soothe you with the gentle raindrops that will wash away all your fears, anxieties and worries, so that you may be present and whole. Luckily, through the meditation practice, we can actually work to drop those walls and clean the dusty lens of the heart, so that it guides our lives in a way thats deeply in touch with our intuition and with our soul.