Having raised six (hungry!) Editor's Note: Originally Published March 19, 2016. Lightly score ham in diagonal lines first one way, then crosswise, to form a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut any deeper than about a eighth of an inch. Then pour on the maple syrup and pineapple juice. Allow the mixture to bubble and thicken for a minute or two, stirring occasionally. All Rights Reserved. The temperature of the slow cooker . Spread on top of ham, pushing into the sliced ham. But, if youre just trying to warm a few slices for a quick bite, whos going to stop you? Sides, mains, desserts, and more! Your slow cooker can help you reheat the ham. I grew up in South Carolina and love to share my tasty southern cooking, easy to follow recipes, and life experiences with everyone. Let the ham bake for about 15-20 minutes, then take it out; this concludes the reheating part. As I was planning my menu and setting up my game plan, Miss Add asked me to whip up a new batch . 16-20 minutes per pound at 325F, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 135F. Hi! this sounds wonderful but i do not want to over cook it with guest coming.. And, yes, go ahead right now and set a reminder on your phone for when to start thawing that ham! Cooking Kentucky Legend Ham In Crockpot Recipes . That's why it's always nice to ensure that some of your dishes don't rely on said oven. Gently place the precooked ham in the Crock-Pot. The mustard, brown sugar, and pineapple juice will create a brown sugar glaze for the ham and simmer around it. It dependsbut usually about 5 hours. Place the ham, cut-side-down, on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap the ham thoroughly. Click here to save your own private notes only you will see. The temperature of the slow cooker should be above 140 degrees Fahrenheit. 2014 - 2023 Julia's Simply Southern / Julia Jordan Media LLC. (Lets be honest, hams tend to rack up and there isnt always space in the fridge.) Thats it, folks! Simply eliminate both the pineapple juice and the brown sugar from your ingredient list. Mix together the brown sugar, pepper jelly, mustard and vinegar and pour about 1/2 cup of the glaze evenly all over the ham. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Cooler fall temps = time to bust out the slow cooker. In a pinch? Combine brown sugar with reserved pineapple juice and brush on ham. Yes, the ham used here is a pre-cooked ham. Rub over ham. If you enjoy more of a savory ham versus sweet, it's easy to adapt this recipe. Use a large 7 quart crock pot. Leftover Kentucky Legend ham can be an epic ingredient for assembling sandwiches, salads, casseroles, soups and more. Pour the pineapple juice in bottom of a large (6- to 9-quart), oval slow cooker. Why Youll Love This Crockpot Sugar Cola Glazed Ham, How To Make Brown Sugar Cola Glazed Ham In The Crockpot. Pack the brown sugar on top of the ham, pressing into the cloves. Your email address will not be published. Unwrap ham from wrapper, and discard the flavor packet. In a small bowl, whisk together orange marmalade, Dijon, orange juice and orange zest; set aside. Reheating leftover ham? Step Four: Next, add the pineapple and juices. Required fields are marked *. Make the Sauce - In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, pineapple juice, brown sugar, mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves (if using). The basting will create more of a sticky glaze on the outside of the ham. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not omit the mustard in the glaze. If you prefer an oven-cooked ham effect, you may brush the entire ham with the thickened glaze and pop it under the broiler for about 5 minutes (watch it closely!) Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours, basting every hour. The simplest method is to use a roasting pan with a rack and roast the ham on the rack. I would recommend up to an 8-pound ham as the size that will most readily fit in a large (7- to 8-quart), oval crock pot. Using a sharp knife, shave away both the fat and the skin until you reach the pink meat. Before You Begin! We love seeing what you made! She is a prolific quoter of FRIENDS, lover of weekend DIY projects and procrastinating fitness enthusiast who enjoys exploring the Milwaukee-area with her husband, daughter and ugly mutt named Tyson Doodles. If serving for a holiday meal, just dress things up a bit with pineapple slices and maraschino cherries. Cover and cook on low until a thermometer reads 140, 6-8 hours. Slowly pour this slurry into the pot of simmering ham juices while whisking. You can go with a large ham for a big group. In addition to the ham itself, this Crockpot Ham requires just a few additional ingredients for slow cooking and glazing: The above ingredients melt down into the most tantalizing glaze. Special pricing and offers are good only while supplies last. Good refrigerated for 4 days. Cooking Kentucky Legend Ham In Crockpot Recipes tip yakcook.com. Just when you got used to summers relaxed pace, the rise and grind of your kids school routine is back with a vengeance. The size of ham you buy depends on how many people you are going to feed. Dont be tempted to use hot water to speed up the thawing process, as hot water could cause the outside of the ham to heat up to a temperature where harmful bacteria are encouraged to multiply. Depending on your preferences, you can add other ingredients to the slow cooker with the precooked ham to infuse it with flavor and give it a sweet or savory glaze. to a covered, microwave-safe container and zap until steaming and heated through. Add the ham to a large roasting pan. That way, everyone can adjust how sweet their own servings of ham are by spooning some extra sauce over their slices. Top with meat, followed by shredded cheese or cheese slices, cutting them to fit if needed. Dried basil. Not only is it effortless to throw in the slow cooker, but it's also so mouth-watering-ly delicious that countless reviewers have commented that they'll never cook their hams in the oven again! Maraschino Cherries. I usually make mine in the crockpot using the Coca-cola Ham recipe. Cooking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes per pound should do the trick, depending on the type of ham (whole or half, bone-in or no bone these specifics are outlined here).. You just want to make sure the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees. Heat until bubbly then reduce the crock pot setting to "warm" until ready to serve. Cover and cook on low 8 hours, or until thermometer reads at least 145 degrees. Cooking ham low and slow can save you time and money. Youve come this far. Place the ham (flat side down) in your slow cooker. Once your ham is done, remove it to a platter and tent it with foil to keep it warm. How long is a ham good in the fridge? These hams can be ready to eat or may require cooking. The University of Minnesota cautions against leaving cooked food in the slow cooker to cool down, as this can allow bacteria to multiply. Wrap precooked 3 to 4 pound ham in foil and place in crockpot. servings. At Five Heart Home. While not as traditional, thawing your ham in a cooler has the advantage of freeing up space in your probably overstuffed refrigerator. We may earn a commission from your purchases. Is it a precooked ham? This delectable Crockpot Ham has been the top holiday recipe on my site since 2014. Cover. Try These: This easy crock pot ham only requires 4 ingredients! It helps to emulsify the glaze as well as add flavor. instructions: Combine chili sauce, barbeque sauce, brown sugar and dry mustard in a medium-sized crock pot and mix well. Place pre-cooked boneless ham in crock pot. Coat the ham with the glaze mixture. Alternatively, you may reheat individual servings of ham in the microwave. Now you won't believe how easy it is to prepare your holiday meal by cooking a ham in the crockpot! Prepare the glaze: In a small saucepan, add the cola, brown sugar, and the mustard. The first is pieces of ham pressed together. You can then place the ham in the slow cooker to keep it warm until you're ready to serve it. Serve warm and enjoy. How to Cook Bacon in the Oven - Step by Step, Grilled T-bone Steak and Porterhouse Steak, How to Bake Chicken Breasts in a Convection Oven, How to Grill Chicken Breast on a Gas Grill, Grilled Chicken Drumsticks - Quick and Easy. Cover your roasting pan well with foil. All content protected by Federal Copyright Laws. Do your homework before you hit the kitchen a little thinking goes a long way! If you would like to cook your entire ham at once, place it in a roasting pan and add about a cup of liquid to the bottom, such as water, ginger ale, cola or stock. But of course, keep in mind that the specifics of the particular ham you choose are going to dictate its ultimate cooking time. Remove packaging and netting from ham. Check out our advice below on the best thawing methods as well as some options for when youre in a pinch. If desired, you may flip and baste your ham halfway through cooking time, and again about an hour before it's done. This will ensure that the ham stays moist while it cooks. Whisk to combine. Just say no. Kentucky Legends Ultimate Ham Thawing Guide. A half boneless ham is just cut in half with so just a shorter tube with one flat side. As a brand whose name is staked on the patience it takes to double-smoke our meats, we know that time is capable of creating outstanding flavor. Turn crock pot on high for one hour. I add dijon and honey mustard just for the extra little sweetness. That's why . [1] 2. Deb Esling says. Bake at 325Ffor15-20 minutes per pound. Lauren Habermehl is a recipe developer, food photographer and creator of the blog, Frydae. No one will be home to baste the juices every couple of hours. Let's just say I have eaten could eat it with a spoon. I know Ive mentioned more times than yall probably care to remember that I love cooking holiday meals and entertaining. You mentioned different types of ham.fresh, smoked, etc.. but cooking directions are only for a pre-cooked ham. Or I've halved this recipe and reduced the cooking time to use as small as a 2-pound petite ham half as an everyday, weeknight meal for my family. And even if you think its cool enough in your garage, basement, car, outdoors, or on the porch, do not leave your ham to thaw in these locations! Mix cup brown sugar with teaspoon of ground cloves, cinnamon, and dry mustard. You can then place the ham in the slow cooker to keep it warm until youre ready to serve it. This will give your crockpot ham the best flavor and texture. Your email address will not be published. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the pineapple juice in bottom of a large (6- to 9-quart), oval slow cooker. This is a great and simple recipe for fresh pork. (The Kentucky Legend Ham was already scored so that made this much easier!) You might want to get into the habit of doing a monthly clean-out gather all the old condiments, spices, and anything thats run its course. They cook food at a lower temperature usually between 170 and 280 degrees Fahrenheit. Dont jeopardize a legendary family meal. Pack the brown sugar on top of the ham, pressing into the cloves. Followed the directions exactly, except I only had yellow mustard. STEP 2. All you need for said ham is your good old crockpot and this easy step-by-step guide. Mix cup brown sugar with teaspoon of ground cloves, cinnamon, and dry mustard. The glaze is honestly my favorite part of this recipe! Wrap precooked 3 to 4 pound ham in foil and place in crockpot. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Overcooking will lead to a tough, dry ham, even in the crock pot! Butt-end hams tend to fit into typical slow cookers better. This is for food safety and to ensure the best quality ham is on your table. Then, cover the crock-pot, and cook on low for several hours, or until the internal temperature has reached 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep. Yummy, wholesome meals don't have to be difficult or require a lot of timelet me teach you my tips and tricks! While this method of thawing needs more attention, thawing your ham this way is much quicker. From getting the kids out the door on time in the morning, to after-school activities like sports and choir practices, the to-do list in your head seems never-ending. Editors Tip: For a fall-apart tender ham, let it cook longer; 10-12 hours on low. Serve on hamburger buns. If the lid won't fit, simply cover the top with foil. Whole family agreed it was the best ham ever. Could I substitute maple syrup for honey? Place ham into a 6-qt slow cooker. Place one cherry in the center of each pineapple ring. So If it is a smaller ham but rind all around, I would suggest removing some of it. I once thought all hams are equal, that was until I tried the Double Smoked Kentucky Legend Ham. Pineapple and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham - Kentucky Legend . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This is a beautiful ham and will be delicious! Cook for approximately 3 hours on low. If your goal is to impress guests, this ones for you practice recipes before making them for a special occasion! Not only is this a slow cooker ham recipe, but Ive included instructions on how to cook the ham in the oven and pressure cooker as well! Smoked Gouda and Bacon Dip. Cook for approximately 3 hours on low. Try these recipes with your leftover ham: Craving More Crockpot Recipes? I used about half of the leftovers and made a batch of ham salad. Place one cherry in the center of each pineapple ring. If not, place cut side down. Pile any remaining brown sugar mixture on top of the ham. Stick whole cloves in a diamond pattern over the entire ham . While its not recommended, if you forgot to use one of the methods above, you may be able to thaw your ham in the microwave if your ham is a quarter or petite size. Pour 1/2 cup of apple cider in the bottom of slow cooker and place ham on top. A ham that's less than 7 or 8 pounds will probably reach 140 sooner than 4 to 6 hours. Set the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and heat the ham until its internal temperature is 140 degrees F according to a food thermometer.