LA-based Host/Writer. const schemaOrgItemList = { Allo Trends Morning Breaking News. The couple started dating in 2002. A post shared by Janet Jackson (@janetjackson). The former couple has been at the center of romance rumors for months but are now "closer than before," according to the . Offers may be subject to change without notice. (u(a)?w("25.4",a):w("25.4"),A(b,g,"25.4")&&y.define(b,g)):d("25.5")}function A(a,b,g){if(G(a)){if("function"===typeof b)return!0;d(g+"->1")}else d(g+"->2");return!1}function J(a){var b= B.E. I don't know where that ridiculous idea came from.". Black Men XCEL After her birth, her brothers formed a band later called The Jackson 5. f&&(c.readyState="interactive");c.onreadystatechange=function(){"loaded"!==c.readyState&&"complete"!==c.readyState||d()};return c}var h={};return{load:function(b,a){if(u(b)){if(! dv_host: "PULSE_NG", "":(a+"").replace(c,"")}var c=a.getAttribute("data-static-amd-map");if("string"===typeof c){if(""===c)return{}}else return null;if("undefined"!==typeof JSON&&"function"===typeof JSON.parse)return JSON.parse(c);a=/(,)|(\[|{)|(}|])|"(?:[^"\\\r\n]|\\["\\\/bfnrt]|\\u[\da-fA-F]{4})*"\s*:?|true|false|null|-?(?!0\d)\d+(?:\.\d+|)(? Our newsletter gives you access to a curated selection of the most important stories daily. Like, theres nothing you can tell me that I aint heard. This happened through two [marriages] for me. Atlanta Black Star is a narrative company. "She has been so many different layers and can be so many different layers. typeof a&&""!==a?a:null}e=l(e);h(e,function(e){var g=k(e),h=g.split(". For her part, Jackson also laughed, but put it more bluntly. He was named after her brother. divId: 'div-gpt-ad-rightrail-3', for his expediTIously podcast in April 2020, Dupri revealed why they called . Fast forward to the present day and they still remain friends. Episode 2 of Lifetime Networks Janet Jackson Doc dropped a bombshell that sent Black Twitter in a frenzy. Youre like What? } ", Dupri said he already felt married to the powerhouse performer. In September 2021, Jackson shared an Instagram post to celebrate Dupri's birthday saying she was "sending luv" to him on his big day. I thought somethings not right here. You cant play with rich women, man. I like it, I f**k with it. "I believe that my life is a definition of a journey and inside that journey there were supposed to be things that happen and me having a relationship with her [Janet] I definitely know it was part of my life that I was thought a lot for these 8yrs and I look at it like that. "I feel like I finally met my match," she tells Essence magazine. "Call on Me" was released as the album's lead single in on June 19, 2006. But as Jackson would share, the hurt of those choices wasnt the sole reason they couldnt work. The most glaring reason for fans was Dupris penchant for stepping out on their relationship, or as he put it, Me being reckless., One of the weird things about dating Janet is that dating Janet attracts other women, he said. Keep reading to find out why. Eyewitness? Being non-confrontational, Dupri didnt fight not even for the relationship. ABOUT targeting: { Not them games., The So So Def creator explained how Jacksons six famous older brothers helped shape how she stepped into her romantic relationships. We will now be sending you a daily newsletter on news, entertainment and more. Get our Top Stories delivered to your inbox, Wizkid spotted with Chris Brown, Jermaine Dupri and Bow Wow in Los Angeles, Janet Jackson makes billboard history with new album. On the other hand, Janet Jackson is a famous American singer, songwriter, actress, and dancer. "Jermaine Dupri gave a f**k boy response about him cheating on Janet.. the nerve of that frog eyed gremlin," tweeted another. Beyond his work with other artists, he also released several albums of his own, including 1998s Life In 1472and 2001s Instructions. The producer said, You cant really play with rich women. baseDivId: 'pb-slot-right-1', They've seen everything. In a 2018 interview with The Breakfast Club, Dupri quashed rumors of the two dating after her divorce, saying he had not seen her in years. window.addEventListener('load', function () { In this June 2008 photo, Jermaine Dupri (left) and Janet Jackson (right) arrive at the third annual Loveday celebration and Cartier Love Charity Bracelet launch in Los Angeles. divId: 'div-gpt-ad-rightrail-2', Jackson had no clue who Dupri was but still wanted to meet him after her bodyguard nearly stopped the duo from being introduced to each other. And Jermaine Dupri actually got to date the sister of the icon he imitated when he was that jheri curl rockin, pop locking kid wearing the Michael Jackson inspired jacket in Whodinis Friends video back in the day. As both are seemingly available, would we want to see them reunite? Jermaine Dupri talks miseducation in Hip Hop & searching for new talent [GRM DAILY] GRM Daily. Photo by: Paras Griffin/Stringer. Im sure I could have fought much harder and it would have been something that would have never gone away, he said. Even if its just us hanging at home, and it was hard for him to do. But the fairytale ending she was hoping for, and one would assume he wanted since he asked her to marry him at one point, failed to come to fruition due to a number of things. Too late Dupri, we will remember that you once broke Janet Jackson's heart, for sure! I feel like were always going to have a friendship, regardless of what Im doing or whos in my life, or regardless of whats going on. The feeling was mutual on Janets part, who said repeatedly that Jermaine is a great guy. In 2021, the Gary, Indiana native even posted a sweet birthday message for Jermaine in 2021, writing, sending luv to u today.. Janet had lost her eye sight. Jackson and Dupri spent many years in a happy relationship but never got engaged or tied the knot. Julien Hekimian/WireImage. Throughout the 2000s, Janet Jackson was romantically linked to record producer and rapper Jermaine Dupri. (function(){function d(a,b){C("err",a,b);(function(a,b){var d="amdLoader: errorNumber: "+a;"string"===typeof b&&""!==b&&(d+=": "+b);var l=Error(d);setTimeout(function(){throw l;},0)})(a,b)}function w(a,b){C("warn",a,b)}function v(a,b){C("info",a,b)}function C(a,b,d){a={type:"warn",num:b,caption:d,time:(new Date).getTime()-I};z.push(a)}function t(a,b,g,m,h,l){function e(f){Object.defineProperty(a,b,{get:function(){!0===m&&w(h+"->1",l);return g},set:function(){d(h+"->2",l)},configurable:f})}try{e(!1)}catch(q){try{e(!0)}catch(f){a[b]= You hang up on the phone with a rich woman and call her all kinds of names and she calls you all kinds of names. HipHopDX. The last time Janet Jackson was in the spotlight for a relationship was back in 2017 during her lightening speed post-baby split from her then billionaire husband, Wissam Al Mana. One of the weird things is that dating Janet attracts other women girls wanted to talk to me more because I was dating her, said Dupri of how his ego and temptation got him caught up. Whos Gonna Perform?: Jermaine Dupri Claims Diddy Cant Battle Him In Verzuz Because He No Longer Speaks to Most of the Artists He Collaborated with, Why Tech Evangelists Think Black Entrepreneurs Could Profit Handsomely From The Metaverse. Janet Jackson turned 56-years-old on May 16, and online users are discussing her ex Jermaine Dupri attending her birthday party this past weekend. Janet Jackson thought Jermaine Dupri was 'it' and wanted 'as many children as he would have' -- but says the famed producer was married to his work. "I didn't need Janet Jackson to amplify my life, but I feel like it did.". Janet Jackson premieres on Lifetime and A&E on Friday, January 28 and Saturday, January 29 at 8 p.m. EST/PST. Any time, any place.. At the time Rolling Stone shared a statement from the musician in which she explained her reasoning for keeping the marriage out of the spotlight. by Jhanaya Belle. url: 'jermaine,dupri,reveals,the,warning,janet,jackson,gave,him,during,their,relationship', Here is everything you need to know about Jackson's relationship with Dupri, as well as the other relationships she has had over the years. Jackson reflected: "I could never keep a child from James. Jermaine Dupri has finally admitted he was responsible for breaking up his eight-year relationship with music legend, Janet Jackson. 2023 ESSENCE Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved. (Photo by David Yoder/WWD/Penske Media via Getty Images) On Jan. 3, the former couple . When news first broke that Jermaine had actually pulled Janet, he gave many men across the world hope that maybe one day they could shoot their shot at Janet too. dlApi = Object.assign(dlApi, { subcat: '', version 2.7 The duo dated for nearly a decade before throwing in the towel in 2009. Masthead. The duo dated for nearly a decade before throwing in the towel in 2009. 184 . You cant do that. Anderson .Paak, Jermaine Dupri, Usher, and Nelly . This Cant-Miss Shopping Event Will Get Your Wardrobe Ready for Spring With New Styles From Birkenstock, Levis & More Starting at$9, Did Vanderpump Rules Tom Cheated on Ariana With Raquel? I would take Janet to The Tunnel, he said, putting their coupling in context. Jermaine Dupri is under fire following the premiere of the "JANET JACKSON" documentary. Available for both RF and RM licensing. Jermaine Dupri is an American songwriter, rapper, and record producer who has a net worth of $2 million. The mid-tempo ballad talks . The Control singer has had her go at love play out in front of the world with her three failed marriages, but it is her relationship with Dupri that has most captivated fans. . env: 'prod', So So Def founder Jermaine Dupri and pop superstar Janet Jackson dated from roughly 2000 to 2008. Mark Mainz/Getty Images. During an appearance on T.I. Anyways, we wanted to share with yall what Janet once shared in her 2006 Essence Magazine interview, regarding what she loved about having sex with Jermaine. aid: '775372', Jermaine Dupri Argues Why Hip Hop Shouldn't Boycott The Super Bowl. They can do whatever they want to do, Dupri said. It is a mid-tempo ballad which samples The SOS Band's 1983 song "Tell Me If You Still Care," also written and produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.According to Dupri, lyrically, "It's really just a record . Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri broke up after dating for almost seven years because of their different lifestyles. Janet had heard the same murmurs during the long distance courtship, which had him in Atlanta, Georgia and her in Los Angeles, California. Janet Jackson, 55, dated Jermaine Dupri, 49, for seven years and the amicable exes are finally revealing what lead to their unexpected break-up in 2009. The only one of Janet Jackson's exes who appeared for a new interview in her new Lifetime doc was Jermaine Dupri-- and he expressed some major regrets when it came to their breakup. Dupri went on to explain that because Jackson was brought up in a strictly religious household, she didn't end . I was getting tired of people calling me Jermain Dupri, Janet's boyfriend. aid: '775372', tude.cmd.push(function() { Ultimately, distance played a part in their relationship and infidelity. She got six famous brothers, not no little regular dudes. In his recently released interview on Power 105.1 FM's 'The Breakfast Club,' the iconic music producer told hosts DJ Envy, Angela Lee and Charlamagne Tha God, that he probably caused the split because "he's not perfect". He was a workaholic and he was constantly working as soon as he was done working, after he would go to the club. Still, we can always look back at the sweet moments they had when they were in love years ago and remember the time as Jacksons older brother used to say. I would ask him to carve out a little time for me, she said. January 31, 2022. Jackson, who is known for keeping her personal life low-key, had previously been married . : Greys Anatomy Alum Isaiah Washington Announces Hes Retiring From Acting: The Useful Idiots Have Won: RHOP Alum Katie Rost Slams Ashley Darbys Estranged Husband For Suing Candiace Dillard Bassett For $2 Million Over Oral Sex Allegations: It Better Be A Joke: Tory Lanez Demands Love & Hip Hop Star Prince Sit For Deposition In Assault Battle: Shanquella Robinsons Family Feels Abandoned By US Officials As Investigation Into Her Mysterious Death Reaches 4 Months: We Beg For Answers: Kanye West Says He Never Made Any Money From Donda Stem Player, Despite Claiming $2.2M Revenue, Amid Lawsuit For Unauthorized Song Sample Featured On Music Device: EXCLUSIVE: Headkracks Exit From The Morning Hustle Radio Show Was A Mutual Decision, Media Personality Working On New Projects, [EXCLUSIVE First Look] WE tvs GROWN & GOSPEL Docuseries, Birdman Says Hes Paying Mays Rent For New Orleans Residents Who Are In Need, Beyonces Hair Stylist Says Her Hair Is Realness After Being Questioned If Shes WearingA Wig Or Sew-In Weave, Cassie Chills with Joseline Hernandez, Jada Pinkett Smith Surfs + More Celeb Stalking, Stop & Stare: Jada Pinkett Smith & Smith Family Show Skin on Hawaii Vacay. But you can rest easy knowing that that man is definitely getting a dragging. News. [caption id="attachment_218302" align="aligncenter" width="590"] Birdman[/caption] (more). Essence may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. I saw a lot of fans say, JD messed her career up with that album, he told Page Six. One of the most talked about parts was the insight given into Jacksons long-term relationship with producer Jermaine Dupri. Jermaine supported her professionally and publicly. Make A Statement. }); window.tude = window.tude || { cmd: [] }; (Ryan/Getty) navigator.serviceWorker.register('pwa-service-worker.js') Girls wanted to talk to me more because I was dating her, which was really weird. Twitter reacts to Jermaine Dupri being "reckless" while dating Janet Jackson. Not them games., The visionary behind the careers of Da Brat, Bow Wow, Xscape, Kriss Kross, and hitmaker to names like Mariah Carey and Usher, said that Ms. Jackson informed him, Jermaine, I got six brothers.. [AUDIO] Lil Kims Baby Daddy Says Couple Expecting A Boy + Denies Break-Up Rumors: Thats my wife.: Beyonce, Behind the Scenes of L'Oreal Ad: Basketball Wives Tami Roman Returns to Twitter, Im mentally rejuvenated..: [VIDEO] 50 Cent Brings Out Eminem @ #SXSW, Watch the Full 60 Minute Show: [Exclusive] Church Pew Hustlin :: Is LisaRaye Dating A Well-Known Pastor? Now, a source tells E! pos: 'right_rail_3', Throughout the 2000s, Janet Jackson was romantically linked to record producer and rapper Jermaine Dupri. Since then, Jackson and Dupri have only been spotted together publicly once in 2017, as her "State of the World" tour came to an end in Atlanta. tag: 'mandc,janet-jackson,jermaine-dupri', Join half a million readers enjoying Newsweek's free newsletters, Janet Jackson Says Brother Michael Used To Call Her 'Pig, Slaughter Hog'. div_id: 'div-gpt-ad-rightrail-1', Now . "I have a tattoo of her but I know her . Check out the Janet and Jermaine years in photos below. On a side note, now that Janet is single, maybe Jermaine should try to get his woman back again. Janet Jackson's highly anticipated Lifetime documentary, Janet Jackson., brought multiple generations of fans together last Friday and Saturday (Jan. 28 . Answering why his eight-year relationship with Janet Jackson didn't stand the test of time in the "Janet Jackson" docuseries, Jermaine Dupri laughed and said (via TooFab), "Probably just me being reckless." When asked why they split, Janet stayed: Simply put, Janet revealed a lot about her very high sexual drive that most men couldnt keep up withdaaaaamn. I always felt that he didnt have enough time for a girlfriendI would say that work was his girlfriend, the Poetic Justice actress said in retrospect, before the documentary cut to an old clip of her saying she wanted to have as many kids as Jermaine would give her. page_type: 'article', He tryna sneak back in, wrote one person, suggesting Dupri may be trying to woo Jackson.